Friday, January 14, 2011

Thematic Photographic 130: Far from Home


I'm a Taurean (not that I take any notice of that stuff....). We bulls are supposed to be homebodies, preferring to stay ensconced in our little cocoons. I do love my home, but the last little while I've rediscovered the joys of travelling, and I plan to do a LOT more.

Because I can.
While I can.

From a trip in 2004 when I took some 16 and 17 year old students to Shanghai:

 Our usual breakfast in the dormitory we were staying at. In the bowl is a very runny rice porridge. The dumplings were yummy!
  
 An English classroom - a little different from my one. There were about 40 kids in the class - 14 year-olds. It was all rote learning - repeating words, as a group, over and over. My kids couldn't believe how dull and boring it was. I threatened to teach them like that when we got home...
 
 School assembly. Complete with bands and marchpasts.

 A visit to a park. A reasonable request, I feel.


:)

It was a great experience - and looking out these photos brought back some great memories. Thanks, Carmi! 
Join in our Thematic Photographic fun here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews